MICE SRI LANKA 2018 – The Forum of the Year
“Spice your MICE”
The MICE forum 2017 is organized by The International Institute of Knowledge Management (TIIKM) with the aim of developing the Sri Lankan MICE industry. The forum will comprise of experts from the field who have made major contributions to the industry will share their expertise to engage in discussions and have the questions of the audience answered. The forum will be aligned to the 6th International Conference on Hospitality and Tourism Management (ICOHT 2018) to be held in Kandy, Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is a developing market when the MICE industry is concerned. The potential resource and the welcoming nature is in abundance making the island a good prospect for MICE tourism but adequate awareness and knowledge on the subject is a definite drawback. The MICE Sri Lanka 2018 forum is designed to create that platform that would best serve the knowledge transmission and awareness creation purpose on the subject matter. This industry normally related to the international level that involved to organizing the hosting, management, promotions of the networking of tourism business. The word MICE stands for Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Events and is a tourism classification that involves set agendas and events represented by the corporate world. Professionals in the corporate sector are the key drivers in MICE tourism.
Objectives of the Forum
- Building awareness and promoting the MICE industry in Sri Lanka to the stakeholders and the general public of the country.
- To elevate Sri Lankan MICE industry to a Global scale promoting to be the most suitable industry for the stakeholders.
- To bridge between the Government bodies and the Industry in Sri Lanka by means of MICE.
- Identify challenges and issues in the MICE industry in Sri Lanka to figure out solutions applicable for a sustainable future.
- Encouraging Policy makers, industry professionals and stakeholders to identify new avenues to develop the said industry and bring in innovations.
About the Panelists
The Forum will be represented by both the national and international speakers representing the MICE industry, Travel and tourism field panelists will address the audience and share their valuable experience and knowledge about the field. Comprising of an immense knowledge about this sphere make them a very important resource person not only to this forum but also to the Sri Lankan industry.
Structure of the Forum
- Speeches by the renowned speakers
- Panel Discussion
- Q&A session
This Forum brings together company Executives/Industrial Leaders under the following profiles
- Senior Managers
- Tourism/ Travel Agents
- Field Executives
- Other Related Industry Professionals