Dr. Chandana (Chandi) Jayawardena
DPhil, MSc, Dip.M (CIM), Dip.BA, Dip.HC, FCHSGA, FIH, FIMCA, CHE
President – Chandi J. Associates Inc. Consulting, Canada
International Ambassador & Past President – Institute of Hospitality (HCIMA), UK
Dr. Chandana (Chandi) Jayawardena is a well-known tourism educator, consultant, researcher, author and hotelier. He was educated and trained in UK, USA, France, Italy, Switzerland, Canada and Sri Lanka. Chandi has held leadership positions in South Asia, the Middle East, Europe, South America, the Caribbean and North America and held accountability for budgets of $30 million, teams of 700 hotel employees and 3,300 hospitality and tourism students. Chandi has been a university / college senior lecturer, professor, research fellow, academic director, academic chair, associate dean and vice president. For 5-years, Chandi provided the academic leadership to the largest faculty of hospitality, tourism and culinary arts in Canada (George Brown College, Toronto). In this role he led a team of 260 professors serving 3,200 full-time students and 8,600 continuing education registrants in 3 schools. Prior to that, as an international hotelier (General Manager of 7 luxury hotels / resorts), he has served 34 heads of state / government, including Queen Elizabeth II, President Fidel Castro and Prime Minister John Major. He is the only non-European elected as the President of the world’s largest professional body for managers in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industries – Institute of Hospitality, UK, during its 80-year history. As a researcher and author, through a significant volume of published work including 20 books / academic journal themed issues and over 100 articles, Chandi has influenced a generation of doctoral, masters and undergraduate hospitality and tourism management students around the world. Chandi has travelled to 94 countries, presented at conferences and seminars in 38 countries and lived in four continents. As an international consultant, Chandi has led or served in teams for tourism and hospitality consulting projects for various organizational clients, including EU, USAID, Caribbean Tourism Organization, Amazon Corporation Treaty Organization, Government of Guyana, Tourism Development Authority and Institute of Tourism & Hotel Management of Sri Lanka.
Prof. Sarath Kotagama
Professor of Environmental Science, Department of Zoology, University of Colombo,Sri Lanka.
Professor Kotagama is a member of the Environmental Council, Central Environmental Authority of Sri Lanka; Chairman, Biodiversity Experts Committee; and has received Presidential Award for contribution to environment activities in 2004 , he is recipient of distinguish service award for Conservation Education from Society for Conservation Biology (SCB) in 2003. The SCB, with a membership of over 6,000 science experts in 90 countries, is the premier professional society for those seeking to conserve biological diversity and represent the highest recognition that the Society bestows upon colleagues in the struggle to study, protect, sustain, and restore that diversity.Prof. Kotagama is the third Asian and the only Sri Lankan to receive the award. India’s Anil Agrawal and a Malaysian environmentalist were the earlier two winners of this award.
Prof. Kotagama is the third Asian and the only Sri Lankan to receive the award. India’s Anil Agrawal and a Malaysian environmentalist were the earlier two winners of this award.
Prof. Kotagama has many ‘firsts’ to his credit. He founded the Field Ornithology Group of Sri Lanka (FOGSL), the ‘March for Conservation’, ‘The Young Zoologists Association’, ‘The Sri Lanka Environmental Foundation’, ‘The Mihikatha Foundation’, ‘The Mihikatha Institute’ and the semi-government ‘Wild Life Trust’. Being actively involved in research on Birds and Wildlife, he has authoured several publications mostly on birds and has made outstanding national contributions. Significant among these are the National Wildlife Policy for Sri Lanka (1990) and the National Wetland Conservation Policy for Sri Lanka (1997), Strategy for the Preparation of the National Biodiversity Action Plan for Sri Lanka (1997).
He has also been the Director of Wildlife (1989-1992) and still provides expert advice to the Wildlife Sector. He is current President of the Eco-tourism Society of Sri Lanka and the President of Field Ornithology Group of Sri Lanka.
- Dr. Jayaranjani Sutha, Uva Wellassa University, Sri Lanka
- Dr. Mahbub Parvez, Daffodil International University, Bangladesh
- Dr. Sarat Kumar, Indian Institute of Tourism & Travel Management (IITTM), India
- Dr. YingChuan Wang, City University of Macau, China
- Dr. Zhang Yang, Macau University of Science and Technology, China
- Dr. Jose Wong, Macau University of Science and Technology, China
- Dr. Ramazan Pars Sahbaz, Gazi University, Turkey
- Dr. Maggie Rong, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Bình Nghiêm-Phú, National Institute of Technology, Fukushima College, Japan
- Prof. Dr. Kazunori Akutagawa, National Institute of Technology, Fukushima College, Japan
- Mr. President Takayuki Nakamura, National Institute of Technology, Fukushima College, Japan
- Prof. Tao Zhang, City University Of Macau, China
- Dr. Esther Kagure Munyiri, Kenyatta University, Kenya
- Dr. Walanchalee Wattanacharoensil, Mahidol University, Thailand
- Dr. Albert Chege Kariuki, KENYATTA UNIVERSITY, Thailand
- Dr. Mohd Salehuddin Mohd Zahari, University Teknologi Mara, Malaysia
- Asst.Prof. Colin Chi Hang Law, Prince Of Songkla University, Thailand
- Prof. Yingchuan Wang, City University Of Macau, China
- Dr. Rangana Shalika, Sabaragamuwa University,Sri Lanka
- Dr James Kennell, University Of Greenwich, England
- Prof. Neil Carr,University Of Otago, New Zealand
- Prof. Dr. Turgay Avci, Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU), Cyprus
- Dr. Athula Gnanapala, Sabaragamuwa University,Sri Lanka
- Prof. Wasantha Rathnayake, Sabaragamuwa University,Sri Lanka
- Dr. Sebastian Filep, University Of Otago, New Zealand
- Prof. Mohamed Aslam, Sabaragamuwa University,Sri Lanka
- Dr Jithendran Kokkranikal, University Of Greenwich, England
Be our Session Chair/ reviewer
- Write to Maheesha Dilshani : firstname.lastname@example.org with your short bio-data